Sister Cities Filmmaker Exchange
The Cincinnati Film Society: Sister Cities Filmmaker Exchange is in partnership with CincinnatiUSA Sister City Association.
The purpose is for filmmakers of Cincinnati and our sister cities to create documentary or narrative films to bridge cultural and national boundaries, to address common social challenges in our global community, and learn about the host city’s historical/cultural underpinnings, and art through our exchange and Cultural Film Series.
This program creates unique ways of highlighting the culture of Cincinnati and our sister cities to the international filmmaking community and audience. It enables cultural connections through film, one of the most realizable and appreciable ways through art to communicate cultural understanding.
- Filmmakers from Cincinnati and from the sister cities applying for the exchange program will pay a $75 application fee. Filmmaker in Motion Member’s receive a discount.
- Upon acceptance into the program each filmmaker will receive $2,000 food and transit stipend, and $5,000 for the film project. CFS will be responsible for booking the flights for the artists. Flight expenses is not related to transit stipend.
- Filmmakers from each sister city will come to Cincinnati for a three month artist residency where they will be provided with equipment and assistance from a Cincinnati filmmaker. The Cincinnati filmmaker will also create their project in the sister city where the filmmaker they assisted is from. The project is to be completed within the 3 month period it is given.
- Filmmakers from the sister cities will be ambassadors to the program by hosting the Cincinnati filmmakers for the same period of 3 months.
- The Cincinnati filmmaker will be provided film gear and laptop for travel.
- CFS Program Director will curate a film and art series from Cincinnati filmmakers of various genres within each sister city and films from our sister cities in Cincinnati.
- CFS will host screening events of the filmmaker residents’ works.
- Filmmaker Experience Youth Initiative: The filmmaker from the sister city will also be a part of our Artist Engagement for Youth program (AEY). The visiting director will illuminate his/her process of filming and encourage future involvement with filmmaking by young people.
Must be English speaking, at least age 18, and a resident of the native host city or sister cities which are: Cincinnati, USA; Liuzhou, China; Nancy, France; Munich, Germany; Gifu, Japan; New Taipei City, Taiwan; Kharkiv, Ukraine; Harare, Zimbabwe; Amman, Jordan; Mysore, India
Artists are responsible for securing the appropriate visa and any fees associated. Filmmakers will arrive 2 weeks before the residency begins and at completion of residency will have an additional 1 week before return flight. If the filmmaker misses their flight they are responsible for fees associated with flight changes.
They will be provided with studio space, film equipment, and post-production equipment necessary to complete the selected projects. Upon completion of film CFS will hold a screening event for showcasing. Filmmakers are required to finish the project within the 3 month residency.
Not Currently Accepting Applications.
If you are interested in supporting this program please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.